The Gourmet Walk
Districts we visit: Baixa - Chiado - Bairro Alto. Regular tours in English!
Enjoy the flavours of the Portuguese Cuisine in Lisbon traditional places. The guide will give you lots of inside tips on Wine, Petiscos, Food, Fado and Good Company! Bring your appetite!
- Find out about Lisbon’s great Cafés, such as the 18th-century Café Nicola and Portugal’s strong café-culture.
- Take a look at all the delicious and exotic products on display at Manteigaria Silva, from dried, salted Bacalhau to the sausages, hams and cheeses, and learn all their secrets.
- Learn the history of Port, Portugal’s famous fortified wine, and then try it with the delicious São Jorge Cheese.
- Marvel at the selection of Ports, chocolates and other delicacies at Casa Macário, and then taste the typical Portuguese Cherry Brandy.
- Learn about Portuguese sweets and pastries and try the famous Pastel de Nata (custard tart) in Casa Brasileira.
- Hear about the only tea produced in Europe, grown in the Atlantic Island of São Miguel, in the Azores.
- Visit one of the most famous restaurants in Lisbon, the Trindade brewery.
- Admire the beautiful views of Lisbon from the Garden of São Pedro de Alcântara, in the Bairro Alto.
- Learn about the Bairro Alto quarter, home to some of Lisbon’s most famous restaurants, fado-houses, bars and nightclubs.
- Go down the steps of Calçada do Duque, and admire the breathtaking views of the castle hill as you go past some more great restaurants.
- Finish your Gourmet tour in style, in the Neo-Moorish Casa do Alentejo, a 17th-century palace, unassuming on the outside, hiding one of the most intriguing interiors in the city. Here, in the upstairs bar, you will sit down for a light meal and your guide will introduce you to some of Portugal’s most famous delicacies, accompanied by a delicious Alentejo wine.
Read our GUESTBOOK and check what other people have to say about our walks HERE!
Meeting Point at Square D. Pedro IV (Rossio) at the statue in center of the square.
- April to October - Tue/ Thu / Sat - 4:30pm
- Nov to March - Sat - 4:30pm
Reservation needed until 12am on the day of the tour; minimum of 2 people.
- Port Wine and São Jorge Cheese
- Cod fish cake
- Nata pastry
- Ginja liquor
- Beer and lupins
- Various savouries/tapas and wine
- Free Insider Tips Guide to discover Lisbon.
*For under 26 years old, Lisboa Card, 2nd tour
April to October - Tue, Thu and Sat /// November to March - Sat